Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Breakfast Pastries - Final

Today was our Final for Breakfast Pastries. That was 10 fast days but I'm glad to be moving on to something new. Started off with the written test which was a breeze. Then we started sheeting our croissant and danish doughs, shaping, proofing and baking them. We had 4 hours to finish and with all the prep work we had done by mixing and then laminating the doughs last Wednesday and Thursday and then making the fillings for the danish yesterday, today was so easy.  Everyone's danish and croissants turned out really good. There was a huge improvement from when we started 10 days ago.


Also for all you cake fans out there, I forgot to mention that I spent this past Saturday at the school being a chef's assistant for Collette Peters. She was in town teaching a 3 day cake decorating class. I assisted her and the class by finding and fetching things they needed throughout the day. After class was over I had to make sure the room was clean. For the most part though I got to just hang out and watch Collette and the students work on their cakes. Sorry I don't have any pics from that. I started to get my camera out and take some pictures but it felt a little awkward since I was supposed to be "working".  Maybe I'll get some of the next guest chef we have in for a class.

1 comment:

  1. From what I've seen of her work on the Food Network, you were in good company. Glad you are enjoying all of this!

    ReplyDelete