Monday, May 3, 2010

Breakfast Pastries - Day 1

So the real fun began today as we kicked off our first Module which covers all breads. This week we will be elbow deep in breakfast pastries. Also each week Chef Tamada will select a Sous Chef and Steward who are responsible for bringing in all the ingredients that all the students will need for the day and are in charge of the cleaning and other duties. As luck would have it I was selected as the first Sous Chef. Of course I was nice and cool on the outside but inside I was like...great...pick on one of the guys who has no kitchen experience. Luckily this group of students really step up and make sure things are taken care of and watches out for each other so my job this week may be pretty easy after all.
I'm really not sure what happened today. It was really a blur. We started off making biscuits and blueberry muffins. While those went into the ovens we moved on to making the smear and sweet dough for sticky buns. Then we made brioche and danish doughs. I looked up and it was already 2:00. Really?? Good grief! Can the time go any faster?











No comments:

Post a Comment