Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Breakfast Pastries - Day 6

Today was a big prep day. We laminated doughs for danish and puff pastry and mixed up dough for croissants. The croissant dough will be laminated tomorrow sometime between making danish, puff pastry, swiss brioche and bagels. Yep bagels will be first on tap in the morning as we have them shaped up and ready to go. A little boil and bake is next for them. Tomorrow is definitely going to be a busy day. As Chef Isaac likes to say, "we're gonna bang bang bang bang bang." We've been banging out a lot of product these first few weeks. I know my wife is already wishing I wasn't bringing all these goodies home. Lucky for her the only thing I had to bring home today was banana nut bread (which was awesome). Since she hates all things banana, this loaf was all mine! Might have to start taking some of this stuff to the neighbors. Maybe if you're really good and lucky I might overnight some to you. :-)

2 comments: