Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Classical Cakes & Tarts - Day 8

Day 8 in CC&T had us building the Opal Passion and Garnet Caramel Entremets. The Opal Passion Entremet starts off with a layer of coconut feuillitine, followed by mango passion marmalade, chocolate sponge, white chocolate mousse, passion fruit cremeux, and more white chocolate mousse. The Garnet Caramel Entremet begins with a layer of streusel, caramel marmalade, chocolate sponge, chocolate mousse, spiced caramel cremeux, chocolate mousse and glazed in a caramel glaze.
I only got to finish and bring home one cake today though. That was the Black Forest Entremet. This one starts with a layer of streusel, Tahitian vanilla bean mousse, chocolate sponge, sour cherry marmalade, Tahitian vanilla bean mousse, brandied cherries, dark chocolate onyx cremeux, Tahitian vanilla bean mousse and finished with a chocolate glaze. Have I mentioned that everything I'm bringing home is outrageously delicious?
One minor point for today's photos of the Black Forest Entremet, the decor (which I made in class also) was severely damaged on the drive home. All the decor is so delicate. So I had to do a little fix and it's totally different than what I had when I left school today. Oh well.


No comments:

Post a Comment