Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Petit Fours

Ok so I've been slacking again getting updates out there so you'll have to forgive my laziness. I have to think that's the only reason because I can't come up with another one. I was hoping to pull some pics from one of the guys in the class but looks like he's gotten a little behind uploading his pics as well. I needed to borrow because for some reason I haven't taken my camera in the last several days. I think mostly because since we started Petit Fours, the first week was pretty slow with mostly cookies (double chunk chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin with white chocolate and cranberry, hazelnut, linzer, checkerboard, spritz, madelines and mini cream puffs and eclairs.
We also did some traditional classic petit four glace which are small iced cakes. These cakes are dipped in poured fondant and then some type of chocolate design like filigree is piped on top to finish them. These did not turn out so well, so no pics of those haha. We kicked those traditional petit fours up a notch today and did not dip them in the fondant but instead made chocolate plaquettes and put them on top to finish them. We added some pulled sugar deco on top but since I didn't have my camera with me today and had to wait until I got home to take the pics the sugar is not clear and shiny in the pics (due to the petit fours being placed in the refrigerator). We also did a chocolate caramel pot de creme mini half sphere on top of a pistachio biscuit. This was delish. Lastly we did some macaroons, one filled with pistachio ganache and one filled with white chocolate vanilla ganache.

No comments:

Post a Comment